Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose(HEMC) for Latex Based
1. Gerneral Introduction Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC) is made by high purity fine cotton through series of chemical processing under alkaline conditions. It do not contain any organs of animals, fat or bioactive constituents. Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC) is a tasteless and...
1. Gerneral Introduction
Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC) is made by high purity fine cotton through series of chemical processing under alkaline conditions. It do not contain any organs of animals, fat or bioactive constituents.
Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC) is a tasteless and odorless white or light yellowish powder, which appears to be a transparent viscous solution when dissolved in cold water. As Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose is made by introduction of epoxy ethane substituent on the basis of Methyl Cellulose, it has higher gel temperature and better resistant to saline compared with unmodified polymer.
Name: Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC)
Other name: 2-Hydroxyethyl methyl cellulose; Cellulose methyl hydroxyethyl ether; Methyl hydroxyethyl cellulose (MHEC); Cellulose,2-hydroxyethylmethylether;
CAS No.: 9032-42-2
HS CODE: 39123900
1)Solubility. Soluble in water (even cold water) and some organic solvents and solvent-water systems due to the hydrophobic groups in its molecule.
2) Surface activity. HEMC has a surfactant property in solution and can act as protective colloid and emulsifier.
3) Mildew resistance. Benefit from the good fungi and bacteria resistance, HEMC has excellent viscosity stability even for long time storage.
4) PH stability. The viscosity of the aqueous solution is almost not influenced by acid or alkali especially in the range of 3.0-11.0.
5) Low ash content. As the non-ionic product, it has very low ash content.
6) Water retention. HEMC can be used as efficent water retention for its hydrophily.
7) Other properties. Thickening agent, film former, adhesives, lubricants, suspending agent, shape retention, etc.
4. Functions when used in latex based construction material
Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose(HEMC) can be used in putty, joint compounds, etc.
Following is the advantages.
Workability: HEMC can provide the suitable viscosity, which has a good plasticity and easy to work;
Anti-slipping: HEMC can make a strong adhesion on the surface for the slurry and not sag;
1) Provide good performance of tape adhesion when used in joint compounds.
2) Prevent shrinkage and crack formation.
3) Improve slip resistance and pot life when used in Ready-to-use tile adhesive.
4) Increase correction time when used in Ready-to-use tile adhesive and prevent bubble marks when used in latex based putty.
5) Has very good water retention advantage.
6) Provide suitable viscosity so that easy to work.
5. Technical index
Viscosity 2% Brookfield
Methyl Content %
Ready-to-use tile adhesive
Ready-to-use tile adhesive
Packing: 25kg or 20 per kraft bag with PE inner
350kg per jumbo-bag. Bags can be designed according to customers’ demands.
1) Store in a cool, dry, clean, ventilated environment.
2) Material must be handled as a Industrial chemical, should not use as an additive for food or pharmaceutical application. Observe the precautions as mentioned in the MSDS.
3) The products should be prevented from water and avoided damaging during transportation.
Certificate can be provided according to customer’s demands. If need special certificate for the import country or for destination customs clearance please inform us before the order.
9. Special Index product
We can do OEM production. Welcome send us sample or index you want to import.
With the aid of wide experience and expertise, SHANGYONG is one of the professional hemc latex based manufacturers and suppliers. In order to cater to customers' different requirement, we also offer customized service. Welcome to buy our hemc latex based at the most competitive price.