Carboxymethyl Cellulose(CMC) Paper-making Grade
1.Paper making grade sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) Made from natural cotton fibers, through etherification, purification and drying process, Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is a highly efficient paper making additives which has food water retention, dispersion and excellent shear...
1.Paper making grade sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC)
Made from natural cotton fibers, through etherification, purification and drying process, Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is a highly efficient paper making additives which has food water retention, dispersion and excellent shear thinning. So it can be used in pigment coating, pulp adding, surface sizing and other process.
2. Commodity information
Name: Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC)
Other name: Sodium Carboxymethyl cellulose (SCMC); Na-CMC; Carboxy Methyl Cellulose; sodium salt of Carboxymethyl Cellulose; Carboxymethylcellulose sodium; Paper-making grade CMC
Molecular formula: C8H16NaO8
CAS No.: 9004-32-4
HS CODE: 39123100
3. Function in paper-making field
A. Pigment coating
1) Improve the solid content of coating and the coating speed.
2) Enhance the water retention of the coating.
3) Improve the gloss of the coating layer and the whiteness of the paper.
4) Improve the quality of coating, prolong the service life of blade.
B. Pulp adding
1) Shorten the beating time.
2) Adjust the pulping potential, improve the paper forming.
3) Improve the retention ratio of all kinds of the additives, filler and fiber fines.
4) Increasing the adhesion strength between the fiber and improve the physical properties of paper.
5) Increasing the adhesion strength between the fiber and improve the physical properties of paper.
6) Improve the dry and wet strength of paper.
7) Enhance sizing effect.
C. Surface sizing
1) Reduce the paper pores, improve the oil resistance of paper
2) Increase the brightness and glossiness of the paper.
3) Increase the stiffness and smoothness of the paper.
4) Improve the paper’s surface strength and abrasion resistance, reduce dropping off powder, improve the quality of printing.
a) Finely powder and low free fibers.
b) High degree of substitution, better uniformity of substitute.
c) Good compatibility.
d) Easy soluble in water.
e) Nontoxic, odourless, no pharmacological function, harmless to physical body.
Viscosity, cps Brookfield
Degree of substitution
Chloride (As Cl-)
≤ 20 (2%)
Packing: 25kg per kraft bag with PE inner or according to customers’ demands.
1) Store in a cool, dry, clean, ventilated environment.
2) Material must be handled as a Industrial chemical, wearing protective equipment and observing the precautions as mentioned in the MSDS.
3) The products should be prevented from water and avoided damaging during transportation.
With the aid of wide experience and expertise, SHANGYONG is one of the professional cmc paper-making grade manufacturers and suppliers. In order to cater to customers' different requirement, we also offer customized service. Welcome to buy our cmc paper-making grade at the most competitive price.
Container loading without pallet
Container loading with Pallet